Reverse Zone, weblog on urban planning, sustainability, and technology.
to an RSS feed of this weblog.
A few favourite links.
Complete List of Posts
List of Posts
- Border Adjustments: A Solution to Climate Change Action
- Direct Democracy vs. Intolerance - the Swiss Minaret Vote
- The New Urban/Rural Relationship
- Is Manhattan, New York, or Greater New York Sustainable?
- Criticizing Me Is Unconstitutional, Says Architect
- Will High Speed Rail Reduce GHGs?
- Suburban Retrofit
- Lateral Semantic Indexing
- Resistance From Residents Near Carbon Capture Sites
- LEED for Neighborhood Development (LEED-ND) Voting Is On
- $300K Fine for Astroturfing
- Carbon capture from coal plants
- What is the Proper Role of Villages in Smart Growth
- Green Buildings Need Design and Geographic Context
- Ontario Coal Generators Are Shut Down
- Canada and US Driving No Longer Dropping
- This Year Ontario No Longer Needs Coal
- Shaping the Public Realm
- The Days of Sprawl Are Officially Over
- The Telescope is Backward
- Stop The Earth
- Amazon CloudFront New Pricing, Cheap At A Million Dollars
- Canada Spends Billions in Energy INefficiency
- Density as Persons Plus Jobs Per Unit Area
- Now is the Time for New Transit Investments
- UNFCCC Confuses Journalists on Direction of Greenhouse Gases
- Canadian Business Prefers Carbon Tax
- Streets To Home: Down With Continuum of Care!
- Close Roads to Reduce Congestion
- Science and Economics of Climate Change
- Canada and US Driving Continue To Drop
- Alberta Overtakes Ontario in Coal-Fired Generation
- Everyone Not Living In The Suburbs Is Fooling Themselves
- Canada Almost Studies the Possibility of Eventual Road Pricing
- Rogers Messing with DNS
- Will Canada Reach Kyoto Targets With New GHG Inventory Figures?
- The Delicate Balancing Act of Downtowns and the Death of Griffintown
- Internet Identity Keystone Kops
- LA Transit Plan Aims to Save 725 Metric Tons of GHG Annually by 2030
- New York City's Congestion Pricing Plan Dies Yet Again
- New York Discovers Existing Direct Democracy Zoning Rule
- Driving is Going Down in the US
- The Commuting Turnaround in Canada
- Vancouver Churches Get a Licence to Break the Law
- Carbon Capture and Storage For Canada
- Prince of Wales Promotes Health, Wealth, and Courtesy
- Physical Measures Reduce Trips by How Much?
- Tall Buildings Incompatible with New Urbanism
- Direct Voter Control of Comprehensive Plans Fails
- TOD Mindset Moving Away From Pedestrian-friendly Focus
- Land Use Responsible for Biofuel Carbon Debt
- Places to Grow - Pictures Tell the Story
- How do the New Fuel Efficiency Standards Compare with California and Europe?
- Why We Still Need Separation of Uses
- Wikia Search Launches, Minus the Unique Features
- Malls as Make-believe Town Centres Minus the Wrong Kind of People
- NASA's scrambled data: it's not rocket science
- What Did John Baird Know and When Did He Know It?
- Is the Pope For or Against Urgent Climate Change Action?
- Dense Condos Do Not Revitalize
- Carbon Offsets in Ontario
- Is Carbon Sequestration Completely Useless?
- Hot Air - How to Beat Climate Change By Burning More Coal
- Congestion Pricing, Privacy, and Mesh Wireless Networking
- Cycling Will Kill You, But Not Cycling Will Kill You More
- Sprawl as Linear Population Density
- Give the Peace a Chance
- Does LEED Mean Anything?
- London should ban cars altogether to reach targets
- What's Best for Renewables, Merton Rule or Feed-In Tariff?
- GHG: Doing More Than Your Neighbour
- Zero-Carbon by 2050
- US Legislators Consider Taxes on Gasoline, Carbon, and McMansions
- First Kyoto Carbon Trade in the US
- Would Reducing Energy Use Yield a Green Dividend?
- The Skype is Falling! The Skype is Falling!
- National Inventory Report on Greenhouse Gas Sources and Sinks, 1990-2005
- MMP or no MMP and Environmentalism
- Ontario Leads the Way to Kyoto
- Californians Burn Less Gas
- Give it away free, make it up on volume
- AI vs. Moore's Law
- Vancouver Area Tempted to Allow More Highrises
- State Blocks $500 Million Federal Environmental Funding for New York
- Yahoo Web Beacons Rediscovered
- LEED for Neighborhood Development Pilot Rating System
- Cato Institute Likes a Carbon Tax
- Straw Men in a Sprawl World
- Zoned Out
- Walkable Lowrise Development for Downtown Columbus
- Converting Shopping Malls to Mixed Use Town Centres
- A Different Kind of Google Plug-in
- The Increasingly Unimportant Commute
- Ministerial Correspondence
- If You Come, They Will Build It
- Oil Industry Now Drilling for CO2
- Developers Punishing Neighbours over Planning Losses
- A Tale of Two Cities: Two Ottawa-Gatineau Transportation Studies
- Main Arterial Woonerf
- Better Transit Marketing
- Vancouver's Ecodensity Enters a Dangerous Phase
- Disk failure
- I Need a "Why?" Button
- More on Which is Greener, Houses or Apartments?
- Which is Greener, Houses or Apartments?
- Urban Design Art
- Handy Compression Tool
- Legalize Hopscotch!
- Zoning Exceptions and the Failure of Planning
- No One Can Do CO2 Capture - Feds
- Second Life for Citizen Participation in Planning
- 18th Century Planning is Still the State of the Art
- Cul-de-Sacs are a Dead End
- McJob in the Pickwickian Sense
- 10 Things Wrong With American Sprawl
- Sierra Club Supports Voter Control of Planning
- London, New York, Beyond Congestion Pricing
- Teraflops Performance - Is AI Here Yet?
- Private Copying Levy - How Much for iPods?
- Google 10 years old
- Green Neighbourhood Rating System
- New Green Options Web Site
- A Simple Eco-list for Businesses, without a Carbon Tax
- Architects Cause Half of Greenhouse Gases
- Converting Form Parameters From ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8
- Gapminder Advanced Charts at Google
- Britain Debates Personal Carbon Rationing
- Toronto Councillor Says Make Room For Families Downtown
- Close Encounters with Buildings
- Ontario Municipal Board Says City Can't Plan for Mix or Density of Mixed Use
- How much ethanol do we need in gasoline?
- Toronto's Road to Future Sprawl is Paved with Good Intentions
- Do Hidden Cameras Make Our Cities Safer?
- Drive Less, Says Automobile Association
- Planting Forests to Offset Global Warming
- Carbon Emission Trading a Booming Market
- Environment Hamilton Response to Climate Change
- Poorly Planned High Density Can Impair Child Development
- Congestion Charge for New York?
- The Environmental Cost of Concrete and Aggregates
- Toronto Greener and More Powerful Than Ever
- Thank You, Turkey
- Canadian Environmental Sustainability Indicators, Relative to intensity
- Congestion Charge Returning to Stockholm
- Ottawa Election : Technologist Helped by Engineers
- Some Heresy About Google
- Brownfield Brutalism - Urban Planning for Sale
- Urban Design and Public Health
- Technorati is Back!
- BT Tackling Spam at the Source
- The Causes of Sprawl
- Energy Star Sprawl
- Auditor General: Climate Change Programs Worked
- Auditor General: Curb the Oil Sands
- Trees Prevent Accidents
- Author Anthony Flint Drops By
- Happy Anniversary, Star Trek
- Is High Density the Cure for Transportation?
- Free Lessons on Manual Transmission
- Dedicated Servers Rented by the Hour
- Classified Ad: Scientist Opinion for Sale
- Why not Build Medieval Towns Here?
- Green Roofs: Enough Energy Impact to Make a Difference?
- Free Transit: The Carrot and Making It Stick
- Free Transit: the Answer to Air Pollution?
- Nightclub Loses Licence so Residents Won't Lose Sleep
- Changes to the Pagerank Algorithm
- Off-peak Power for Electric Cars
- Transit Tax Credit: How Much Per Ride?
- An Alternative to Net Neutrality
- Contested Streets: The Movie
- Born Again in an Atheocracy
- Legally Binding Community Benefits Agreements
- Vancouver has it right - Ecodensity
- Ontario has it wrong - Places to Grow
- Average household size - up or down?
- Mark Jaccard - Economists' Self-delusion about GHGs
- Quiet Death of Energuide for Houses
- Jane Jacobs, Christopher Alexander, and Barry Wellman
- Review of This Land: The Battle over Sprawl and the Future of America
- Windows Genuine Annoyance
- Pay-As-You-Drive Insurance Included in Gas Prices
- Canada's Fictional Climate Change Policy
- New York's Downzoning Uprising
- Paypal's illusion of movement
- Killer Kites
- DNS troubles with Network Solutions
- Stossel's Urban Myths and Lies
- Wikipedia Reputation
- Social Capital: Second-Hand Capital or White Man's Burden?
- Tax Credit for Transit Users, Private Housing Builders
- Pay-As-You-Drive Insurance Reduces Risks & GHGs
- Terrestrial Ship to Save the Earth
- Border de-fence
- Pioneer Anomaly
- Let's Get our Head out of the Tarsands
- Community Planning - are citizens powerless?
- Too much history
- Knowledge Micro-outsourcing
- Trademarks, the Internet, and Legal Bullies
- Paris riots and urban planning
- U.S. Federal Government Data
- What is "an Ontology"
- Direct Democracy in Urban Planning
- Minimize Greenhouse Gas Emissions through Reverse Zoning
- How to Reduce Gas Prices
- Turing Machine from Lego
- Social Sciences: So Much Left Undone
- Social Sciences and Humanities Transformation
- Using Copyright Law to Stop Spam
- Redrawing the Poverty Line in New Orleans
- Different server
- Reverse Zone
- List of Posts
Relevant collections of sites.
List of Posts